Updated 04-10-19. I love pho and love to talk about eating pho just like many pho zealots out there. With my special knowledge and experience with pho restaurants, I also reach out to help aspiring restaurateurs successfully open and operate their own Vietnamese pho restaurants.
A question I often get from people goes something like this: "What does a pho restaurant consultant do?"
The answer is, if someone wants to acquire knowledge and experience quickly without making expensive and avoidable mistakes along the way, then I can help in 2 ways:
- Focus on fixing specific issues in areas that you need help in; such as fixing or improving pho broth recipe/production; implementing effective employee hiring and training program; ensuring proper customer service practice is in place; or maintaining a solid inventory system to minimize food waste. Each business has its own issues and the possibilities to resolve those issues can be endless.
- Guide you through the complete process to design, build, open and operate a profit-generating pho restaurant.
Regardless of level of experience of the owner and the complexity of the pho restaurant you want to build, I provide coaching in a number of key areas including:
- Business plan, financial projection/pro forma, financial feasibility, profit/loss analysis, and payback strategies,
- Pho kitchen design, floor plan drawing, kitchen equipment selection,
- Training on how to make pho for profit, how to find and train FOH and BOH staff, how to reduce food & labor costs,
- Menu design, inventory control, cost control, customer service,
- Marketing, promotion, customer loyalty programs.
The gallery below shows the many different tools that a pho restaurant owner can take advantage of during the design, plan and build phase; during pre-opening and grand opening phase; and then during ongoing operation phase. If a restaurant does not have or utilize things such as checklists, detailed processes, tracking and analyzing of staff, quality and financial performance, then either the owner doesn't know how to do it, or the owner doesn't know that he/she needs it.
My consulting service aims to help an owner resolve these and many other issues that prevent a pho restaurant from achieving the profit potential that it can really achieve.
Click on a thumbnail to view its larger version. Leave a comment in the comment section and let me know if you have any question.
For help with your pho restaurant, book a FREE half-hour pho restaurant consultation and get your questions answered.