No I neither sell an inventory list (list of ingredients) nor an off-the-shelf inventory software system. However, what I do is to coach pho restaurant owners how to build their own inventory system based on their own restaurant’s needs, layout, menu/recipes, and the way they work. This would include:
- Assessing the recipes and their ingredients.
- Analyzing prep and cooking procedures.
- Designing a) an inventory system that includes locations of storage for each item, and b) a process to regularly and efficiently do inventory of all items.
- Designing inventory flow from product ordering to product delivery acceptance; through inspection, rejection and storage; through FIFO (first in, first out) guidelines, through pulling products for prep and final service.
- Using inventory information to increase the restaurant’s profitability.